BritishMC
Staff

7 posts
0 reputation

IGN: MerryBritish
By BritishMC » 2 months ago
MerryBritish's Host Application
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
»What is your in-game name?
My In-Game Name is MerryBritish.

»What is your age?
I am currently 14 turning 15 in February!

»What timezone are you located in?
I am in the GMT Timezone!

»What is your Discord username and identifier?
My Discord Name is British#0001

»What is your Reddit username?
My Reddit Username is British_MC and I have hosted over 20 successful games!

»Have you ever been banned or muted on NightShade? If so, explain why and share how you have learned from that experience.
I have been banned on NightShade once for Illegal Stripmining but learnt not to stripmine and to always staircase! From then on, I have never stripmined (if it is not allowed) and rarely ever brake Mining Rules!

»Have you applied for staff before on NightShade? If so, please provide the link to the applications.
I have never applied for staff on this account but did for alts 6+ Months ago!

»How many hours a week can you contribute to staff duties on NightShade?
I can contribute 10-20 hours a week on Nightshade if I have school and on Holidays I can contribute around 30-40 hours a week!

»What are your previous experiences as a staff member or a host?
I have been Host on:
PonderUHC - Host>Admin>Manager>Owner - 3-5 Months
LemonUHC - Host - 6 Months
InfernalUHC - Host - 2 Months40-
QuizeaxUHC - Host - 2 Weeks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I learnt how to control the chat, and calm down a lot of people. I have also learned how to control a crowd and how to explain to them what is going on/happening confidently! I have learnt the general procedure of Hosting and the general answers to questions the everyday UHC Player might have! During my time as Staff/Owner on PonderUHC, I learnt how to host and manage staff/keep them proffesional and have also felt the stress of being Owner and the responsibilities
 that it takes to be one! On InfernalUHC, I learned ways to overcome problems that may occur and how to explain problems to players easily.
»What skills do you currently have that would make you a successful staff member?
I can speak some Spanish (Since I am learning it at school) and can read, write and speak English fluently. I can learn from mistakes/accidents quickly and have a wide knowledge about hosting/moderating. I generally know the fixes to problems that may occur and can keep players calm and fairly punish them. I have felt the stress of being a higher staff and have learnt the responsibilities that it takes. I am very professional and I am very patient. I can wait without being annoying and know when to say things and not to interrupt people. I can forget things occasionally but make sure to remember them for the future. I can bring a positive attitude and can show how good of a server Nightshade is. Bringing players would be one of my main things to do by hosting good/enjoyable scenarios regularly and not cancelling games a few minutes before they are supposed to open. I can manage my time well and can help players/staff members if needed. Even though, I don't know most of the staff, I can become great friends with them and start to know them better than I did before. My reputation isn't the best but isn't the worst. Being a host on Nightshade makes me feel like I can boost my reputation by hosting games, helping players and also help me overcome problems that I may have in real life! Overhosting is a major thing in the community and by being Host, I would never do that since it ruins people's fills and also wastes their time. My image in the community isn't the best as I said before, and by being Host, I would want to fix it and pursue my passion of hosting. Some skills that I have not developed/struggled to develop will be developed by being Host since I feel like I can learn much more. I am very passionate about hosting and making myself a better person/host better games is something I strive for everyday! I have sometimes not been as mature as I could in the past and want to fix that and show the real person I am. These are somethings I hope I can overcome in the future!

»What languages can you fluently speak or write in?
I can fluently write and speak English! I can only speak and write a little bit of Spanish though.

»Do you have the ability to record and upload videos to youtube?
Yes, I can upload videos in full HD to any site needed. Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/BritishYoutube

»Are you a Trial Host or Verified Host on uhc.gg?
Yes I am a Trial Host on Reddit!

»Are you familiar with the guidelines for hosting on uhc.gg?
I am fully familiar with the guidelines for hosting on uhc.gg and have read all the consequences. 

»Are you familiar with how the universal ban list (Reddit UBL) works?
I am familiar with the UBL and have seen how it works.

»Have you ever been on the universal ban list (Reddit UBL)  for any reason? 
I have never been on the UBL List and would never want to be on it!

»Is there anything else that you would like to add?
Nothing other than, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my application and I hoped you liked it! Any questions you may need to ask, contact me on my Discord since I am very active on there! Have a good day/night!

Jollymelon111
User

165 posts
12 reputation

IGN: Jollymelon111
By Jollymelon111 » 2 months ago
-=+=- Hello, some suggestions to help boost your chances of becoming staff -=+=-

- Please proofread your application again, as there are some spelling errors. 

BritishMC
Staff

7 posts
0 reputation

Jollymelon111 said: -=+=- Hello, some suggestions to help boost your chances of becoming staff -=+=-

- Please proofread your application again, as there are some spelling errors. 

Thank you Jolly, I proof-read it since i made it at 4am last night. 

ToqetherAlone
Administrator

5 posts
2 reputation

IGN: ToqetherAlone
By ToqetherAlone » 2 months ago
Good Luck <3

BritishMC
Staff

7 posts
0 reputation

ilyFawn/Onozo said: Good Luck <3

Thank you very much Lewis <3

SadEnro
User

12 posts
2 reputation

IGN: SadEnro
By SadEnro » 2 months ago
Also would recommend elabortating on your prior staff experiences.

- Enro

OHLEGO
User

32 posts
2 reputation

IGN: OHLEGO
By OHLEGO » 2 months ago
Good Luck Mate! You have such a good application. Don't screw up like me, trust me.

DiscoverCard
Manager

115 posts
3 reputation

IGN: DiscoverCard
By DiscoverCard » 2 months ago
After much consideration and reviewing your application we have come to the conclusion that we are going to be denying your staff application. Unfortunately, you did not meet all of our expectations and you lacked in some important areas regarding your application. We have compiled a list of things that contributed to this decision so you can work on them if you apply for this position again.

• Your application didn’t showcase your skills in a manner which looked like it would work well with our current staff team.

We thank you for your interest in becoming a staff member and hope you will take the time to apply again with an improved application. You may apply again whenever you would like and the next batch of applications will be reviewed on February 1st.