TheSheepMasters
Administrator

40 posts
4 reputation

IGN: SheepMelon111
By TheSheepMasters » 3 months ago
Hello everyone! I'm just here since there's been some confusion about our standards for applications recently. In this thread, I'll be outlining five different levels of applications: One that will almost certainly get you accepted, One that might get you accepted, One that has a slim chance of getting you accepted, One where you're more likely to be declined, and one where you'll almost certainly be declined. Please keep in mind that your reputation with the staff, any previous interactions with the server, currently being UBLed, or any staff's opinion of you may change this.

TheSheepMasters
Administrator

40 posts
4 reputation

Application 1 - Auto-Decline
If you write this application, you will almost definitely get declined.

IGN: TheSheepMasters
What rank are you applying for: Trial Host
Have you ever purchased anything in our server store? (This does not affect anything): no
Have you ever been banned on NightShadePvP: yes
Have you ever applied for staff on NightShadePvP: no
Timezone: EST
How active are you on NightShadePvP: i play a game every week or so
How will NightShadePvP benefit from you being staff: idk i can host games or something
What were your past experiences as being a staff member or a host?: nothing but why does that matter
Why should we choose you over other qualified applicants?: because i'm amazing
What languages are you fluent in: English
What is your Discord Name and #: prefer not to say
What is your Twitter @: prefer not to say
Can you record clearly: no
Are you familiar with the reddit guidelines for hosting (Host only): no
Are you familiar with how the Reddit UBL works (Host only): no
Have you ever been UBLed (Host only): yes
What is your Reddit username (Host only): prefer not to say
Are you verified as a host on hosts.uhc.gg: no
Anything else you would like to add: no

Why this would be declined: No way to contact, bare minimum answers, fully bold, too informal, doesn't meet host requirements
Why this would be accepted: N/A

TheSheepMasters
Administrator

40 posts
4 reputation

Application 2 - Probable Decline
If you write this application, there is a good chance you will be declined.

What rank are you applying for: Trial Mod
Have you ever purchased anything in our server store? (This does not affect anything): Yes
Have you ever been banned on NightShadePvP: Once
Have you ever applied for staff on NightShadePvP: No
How active are you on NightShadePvP: i play twice a week
How will NightShadePvP benefit from you being staff: I can host and can help ban hackers
What were your past experiences as being a staff member or a host?: I spectated a few games on Arcitc
Why should we choose you over other qualified applicants?: I'm very good at catching hackers
What languages are you fluent in: English
What is your Discord Name and #: TSM#1815
What is your Twitter @: TheSheepMasters
Can you record clearly: I can record but low quality
Are you familiar with the reddit guidelines for hosting (Host only): Yes
Are you familiar with how the Reddit UBL works (Host only): Yes
Have you ever been UBLed (Host only): No
What is your Reddit username (Host only): Yes
Are you verified as a host on hosts.uhc.gg: Yes
Anything else you would like to add: I've been playing the server since april 2017

Why this would be declined: non-bolded questions, one-sentence answers, very vague
Why this would be accepted: N/A without good reputation or interview

TheSheepMasters
Administrator

40 posts
4 reputation

Application 3 - Slim Acceptance Chance
If you write this application, you may be accepted, but may be declined.

What rank are you applying for: Trial Mod
Have you ever purchased anything in our server store? (This does not affect anything): A chat color
Have you ever been banned on NightShadePvP: Once for iPvP
Have you ever applied for staff on NightShadePvP: I applied once but was declined
How active are you on NightShadePvP: I currently play about 3 games a week, but would be willing to spectate 4-5 times a week.
How will NightShadePvP benefit from you being staff: I can be very active as I do not attend regular school like most people, freeing up more time. Additionally, I am very easy to get along with and can help bring the staff team closer together.
What were your past experiences as being a staff member or a host?: I was host on Arctic for 2 months before being demoted, and had a small server of my own named Oblivion.
Why should we choose you over other qualified applicants?: In addition to the reasons I've stated above, I'm willing to put work in to make the network better, whatever that may be.
What languages are you fluent in: English, and I can understand written French.
What is your Twitter @: @TheSheepMasters
Can you record clearly: Yes
Are you familiar with the reddit guidelines for hosting (Host only): N/a
Are you familiar with how the Reddit UBL works (Host only): N/a
Have you ever been UBLed (Host only): N/a
What is your Reddit username (Host only): N/a
Are you verified as a host on hosts.uhc.gg: No
Anything else you would like to add: I won't be active fridays from 6-9 PM or Sundays from noon-1 PM due to church activities

Reasons this would be declined: Little detail, vague explanations, Inapplicable experience
Reasons this would be accepted: Potential high activity, Understands application format, outlines potential problems

TheSheepMasters
Administrator

40 posts
4 reputation

Application 4 - Probable Acceptance
If you write this, you have a good chance of being accepted.

What rank are you applying for: Trial-host
Have you ever purchased anything in our server store? (This does not affect anything): Yes, two chat colors
Have you ever been banned on NightShadePvP: I was once false banned, but I appealed and was unbanned
Timezone: EST (UTC -5)
How active are you on NightShadePvP: I currently play a NightShade game any chance I get, which is around 3-5 times a week depending on my work with school. Being a host however, i wouldn't have to wait for games in order to be active, as I could instead host them myself.
How will NightShadePvP benefit from you being staff: I am willing to be an active host, and I would likely host at least every other day. Additionally, I am willing to work with the staff team to improve myself; I believe nobody can be perfect, and that applies to myself too, so I always want to hear criticism so I can work to become better. I am very friendly, and despite the fact that I sometimes have anger issues and need to cool off, I often can act as a mediator in fights and try to negotiate a peace between the two parties.
What were your past experiences as being a staff member or a host?: I was host on a small server called Metro UHC, where I hosted about 30 games. This shut down in March 2017. I was moderator of a small factions server named BroFactions, which shut down in November 2017. I was host on Arctic for 3 months, but was demoted due because of a complaint about my hosting.
Why should we choose you over other qualified applicants?: You should choose me over other applicants because I am a good host, and am always willing to improve myself, because I am willing to be active and put in work to help better the server, and because I am very kind and can help bring the staff team closer together, whether that be by helping sort out fights, creating a better environment, or helping people through their problems.
What languages are you fluent in: I am fluent in English and Spanish.
What is your Twitter @: twitter.com/TheSheepMasters
Are you familiar with the reddit guidelines for hosting (Host only): Yes.
Are you familiar with how the Reddit UBL works (Host only): Yes.
Have you ever been UBLed (Host only): No, but I was once falsely reported for x-ray
What is your Reddit username (Host only): /u/DaCrafta
Anything else you would like to add: I will not be active Monday Nights, as that is when I go out with my friends. I do not have a microphone currently, but will be getting one in the coming week.

Why this would be declined: N/A without bad reputation, bad opinions with staff team, or bad interview
Why this would be accepted: Outlines when they'll be inactive, follows format, gives good detail, good amount of applicable experience, proper and formal, fluent in a second language.

TheSheepMasters
Administrator

40 posts
4 reputation

Application 5 - Definite Acceptance
For this tier, I will be using some examples from actual staff members we have accepted.

IGN: Jigsaws
What rank are you applying for: Mod
Have you ever purchased anything in our server store? (This does not affect anything): No
Have you ever been banned on NightShadePvP: No
Timezone: Central Standard Time
How active are you on NightShadePvP: I play at least 1 game everyday (wasn't on for a couple of days due to irl stuff)
How will NightShadePvP benefit from you being staff: I've been staff on many servers: Verge UHC (Senior Mod/Host), Venom UHC (Admin then Owner), Pandora UHC (Owner), etc. I literally have experience in every staff position, so I know how it feels to be an Owner and all the responsibilities that comes with being Owner (it's very stressful) but I will be able to help everywhere/anywhere I can. NightShade will be gaining a very experienced and capable staff member if I'm accepted.
What were your past experiences as being a staff member or a host? I was a Senior Mod/Host on Verge UHC up until it closed down and basically merged with NightShade. I also use to own a Recorded Round called Pandora, we went up to 6 Seasons before I closed it down, I organized every season alone with 40+ players being in my UHC.
Why should we choose you over other qualified applicants?: I will be able to add my leadership skills, maturity in chats, past experiences, and an overall good player for the community. Like I said I was Senior Mod/Host on Verge UHC, I was a RR Owner and Had my own server, I was Admin then Owner on Venom UHC. So I would say I know what I'm doing when it comes to being staff, I've had many encounters with hackers and know what to look for, I don't ban without solid evidence and without a witness. I would spectate during a game, when I don't feel like playing UHCs I usually spectate them, I actually find it fun being able to spectate. I know some staff, not on NightShade I'm talking about past experiences, don't really like spectating so I can fill that gap if needed. I'm literally on my computer everyday so I would be able to help with NightShade ALL the time, I'm a very dedicated person when it comes to being a staff member, I'm also a non-toxic player so NightShade doesn't have to worry about having a toxic staff member. Cause I always see on other servers that they have a few toxic staff members and it's so annoying. 
What languages are you fluent in: English & Somewhat Spanish. I'm Hispanic
What is your Discord Name and #: Jigsaws #5746
What is your Twitter @: @swasgiJ
Are you familiar with the reddit guidelines for hosting (Host only): I know it says Host only but Yes
Are you familiar with how the Reddit UBL works (Host only): I know it says Host only but Yes
Have you ever been UBLed (Host only): I know it says Host only but No
What is your Reddit username (Host only): I know it says Host only but swasgiJ
Anything else you would like to add: I don't think so, I'm pretty sure I said everything I needed to say (: 

Why this application would be denied: N/A without bad interview
Why this application would be accepted: Large amount of detail, excessive experience, knows another language, knows what they're talking about

IGN: Unfightable

What rank are you applying for: Trial Host

Have you ever purchased anything in our server store? (This does not affect anything): No

Have you ever been banned on NightShadePvP: No

How active are you on NightShadePvP: at least 4 times daily on weekends and 2 times on weekdays (Depending on whenever there is a UHC)

How will NightShadePvP benefit from you being staff: Nightshade will benefit as I will help host more frequently to keep the server active on Reddit and more on UHCNoReddit. If i were to be promoted to higher ranks I would fulfill the wishes of the Founders and higher rankings as well as assist others in game or with hosting. Nightshade will also see that I am easy to work with which hopefully will earn me promotions. A long with being a trial host I will more than happily spectate for someone elses UHC if they by chance had to leave or aren't sure about a suspicious player. I can also deal with toxicity going on in the chat and refrain myself from abusing my permissions on the server. If I were to abuse, I would admit it before any trouble goes down and accept any punishment on the server and or discord.

What were your past experiences as being a staff member or a host? Staff on kingdom, Revolution Owner a long time Venom staff member and staff on smaller servers which were cancelled. On these servers, I have proven my loyalty and leadership which caused be to earn promotions among the staff teams. On kingdom, I was one of the people catching cheaters among whalelike or closeyourlegs. This helped me earn more promotions than others and gave me a strong moderator role even on Venom for doing the same. On venom I also was noble to the staff team, helped others out and refrained toxicity in the chat.

Why should we choose you over other qualified applicants? I should be accepted over others as I have hosting experience and know the requests of others when playing a UHC. I will be noble on the server and host frequently as I am applying for trial host. Another point is that I know how to tell cheaters and I am a great spectator and will spectate when needed. Before I ban someone i will ask others to check if the evidence is capable of a ban. I am a trustworthy individual who will help others, ban cheaters or UBL evaders, keep toxicity out of the chat (DDoS threats, Death threats, etc) and admit to any rule I have broken on the server. I will not over host anyone elses game nor be a pain to the person hosting. I also pay close attention to Helpops. If a person were to report someone for cheating I would spectate them, record the player and find 3 valid evidence for a ban. Before that I would first ask the player if he has any recorded evidence which could help and ask someone higher than me such as mods, admins or maybe even founders to review my footage and tell me if its a capable ban.  

What languages are you fluent in: English, Urdu and a bit of French

What is your Discord Name and #: Unfightable#6997

What is your Twitter @: Unfightable_

Can you record clearly: Yes I can

Are you familiar with the reddit guidelines for hosting (Host only): Yes I am

Are you familiar with how the Reddit UBL works (Host only): Yes

Have you ever been UBLed (Host only): No i have not nor been reported for it

What is your Reddit username (Host only): Unfightable

Are you verified as a host on hosts.uhc.gg: No I am not Anything else you would like to add: If i am accepted I will apply for verified host on reddit.

Anything else you would like to add: I’d like to thank you for reading my application to whomever is reading this and hope that you consider me as an option for becoming Trial Host.

Why this application would be denied: N/A without bad interview
Why this application would be accepted: Tons of detail, good quality answers, knows another language, potential activity, civility, good experience