Builder018
User

2 posts
0 reputation

IGN: TheSheepMasters
By Builder018 » 12 days ago
What rank are you applying for: Trial-Mod
Have you ever purchased anything in our server store? This does not affect anything: No.
Have you ever been banned on NightShadePvP: No.
Have you ever applied for staff on NightShadePvP: Not yet.
Timezone: EST
How active are you on NightShadePvP: I play a game every other day, however assuming I was staff I would make more time to be on.
How will NightShadePvP benefit from you being staff: I am a very experienced moderator with a clear sense of judgement, and I can reliably catch hackers, x-rayers and other rule breakers, with very few of my bans on other servers having been appealed and only 2 having been overturned. Furthermore, I am an extremely efficient spectator and moderator, I am kind and welcoming yet also not the sort of person to take disrespect and not afraid to take action where necessary. I am also very good at conflict de-escalation, and also have a very fast typing speed for answering questions.
What were your past experiences as being a staff member or a host?: 115 games hosted on reddit, 3 RRs hosted, 15 private games hosted, 200+ games spectated, moderator on 7 servers, demoted from 2 and 5 shut down. Also moderator on a small community faction server
Why should we choose you over other qualified applicants?: I am very kind and accepting, and I feel that I'm not only qualified, but over-qualified. Furthermore, I know many of the staff well so conflicts between me and other members will be non-existent.
What languages are you fluent in: I can comprehend and speak English, and comprehend (but not speak) French.
What is your Discord Name and #: TSM#1815
What is your Twitter @: TSMBros122
Can you record clearly: Yes.
Are you familiar with the reddit guidelines for hosting (Host only): N/A
Are you familiar with how the Reddit UBL works (Host only): N/A
Have you ever been UBLed (Host only): N/A
What is your Reddit username (Host only): N/A
Are you verified as a host on hosts.uhc.gg: Yes
Anything else you would like to add: I attend school in grade 10, and so may be unavailable at times due to exams and assignments. Furthermore I suffer from Bipolar disorder and so I may be inactive for short or slightly longer periods of time due to depressive episodes. I will do my best to inform when these happen though.

Zaiki
Admin

64 posts
2 reputation

IGN: Zaiki
By Zaiki » 12 days ago
Please answer the questions below. Make sure the questions are bolded and the answers are unbolded. 
1) In what ways could you positively contribute to the community?
2) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year on a UHC server as a staff member. How did you deal with it and what did you learn from it?
3) Lastly, While hosting, if the server were to not work as intended, how would you go about controlling the situation and fixing the problem?

Staff - Admin of UHC

Builder018
User

2 posts
0 reputation

By Builder018 » 11 days ago
1) In what ways could you positively contribute to the community? I could contribute by helping to keep the server civil and free of anyone who wishes to ruin the game for other players by breaking the rules, and also by potentially assisting new hosts with their hosting from my experience, should I be allowed. I will also bring my cheerful disposition to the server, enabling me to make the server a more positive and accepting place. However I won't be a pushover and tolerate harassment either.
2) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year on a UHC server as a staff member. How did you deal with it and what did you learn from it? Probably my most notable mistake I made during hosting was while I was hosting a monsters. inc game, I forgot to make it so that people cannot lava trap the doors. To fix this, I drained all lava that was being trapped, deleted the doors (which for some reason did not stop them from being TPed to), respawned all affected players, and banned those responsible for IPVP and breaking game rules.
3) Lastly, While hosting, if the server were to not work as intended, how would you go about controlling the situation and fixing the problem? The first thing I would do is I would identify the issue and notify an admin or owner. Secondly, I would attempt to isolate the problem however possible; if it is a scenario, I would disable the scenario or attempt to fix any issues with it. For something being enabled/disabled when it's not supposed to be, I'd simply re-enable it. If the config broke, I'd inform players of it and wait for the admin. In cases of serious server latency issues, I would advise players, attempt to reduce lag, and wait for the admin.

Jollymelon111

32 posts
0 reputation

IGN: Jollymelon111
By Jollymelon111 » 9 days ago
You are Accepted, thanks for applying.