arveii
Admin

5 posts
1 reputation

IGN: gamer_arveii_427
By arveii » 6 months ago
IGN: Arveii
What rank are you applying for: I am applying for the UHC host rank.
Have you ever purchased anything in our server store? This does not affect anything: No, I have not due to a lack of funds on my behalf.
Have you ever been banned on NightShadePvP:
No.
Have you ever applied for staff on NightShadePvP: No.
Timezone: BST (UTC +1)
How active are you on NightShadePvP: I attempt to play any game that I can (as long as it is on at a reasonable time for me).
How will NightShadePvP benefit from you being staff: I think NightShade will benefit from me becoming a staff member because, having me as a UHC host will enable the server to host more UHC's more effectively (such as actually hosting more and having more staff spectate games to catch rule breakers). I am able to talk to many people and can be seen as friendly, this can make the server have a nicer environment and potentially lure people to stick to this server for UHC's.
What were your past experiences as being a staff member or a host? I have been staff members on a wide range of server's such as a small faction server hosted for a small amount of players (I was senior on this). I have been a host on 3 reddit UHC servers, these consist of: TornadoUHC (just a normal host), Haunt Network (I was promoted to senior on this after hosting a while) and DragonUHC (just a normal host here aswell).
Why should we choose you over other qualified applicants? I believe you should chose me over other qualified applicants because, I know the rules for not only this server but reddit UHC in general. I have knowledge in many plugins for UHC because of hosting on different UHC servers and hosting my own private recorded rounds on my own server (I practically know how to host on your server already just from typing out commands). I am able to spot hackers quite easily due to just a general knowledge in the game and cheats.
What languages are you fluent in: I am fluent in English only however I know a moderate amount of French, German and Spanish due to the fact I have been taught them in school.
What is your Discord Name and #: reuben#9863
What is your Twitter @: @ImArveii
Can you record clearly: Yes.
Are you familiar with the reddit guidelines for hosting (Host only): Yes, because I used to have to host/spectate reddit UHC games.
Are you familiar with how the Reddit UBL works (Host only): Yes. I have read the rules and even got a couple players put on this list.
Have you ever been UBLed (Host only): No.
What is your Reddit username (Host only): Arveii
Are you verified as a host on hosts.uhc.gg: No, the server owner usually made the match posts on the servers I previously hosted on. I am aware how to become a verified host and how to set up match posts.
Anything else you would like to add: I would like to just say, if I get the position or not, your server managed to re-spark my love for UHC by bringing back the old style of reddit UHC. Thank you for reading!

helrno im mister arveii

Jollymelon111
Admin

161 posts
11 reputation

IGN: Jollymelon111
By Jollymelon111 » 6 months ago
Please answer the questions below. Make sure the questions are bolded and the answers are unbolded. 
1) In what ways could you positively contribute to the community?
2) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year on a UHC server as a staff member. How did you deal with it and what did you learn from it?
3) Lastly, While hosting, if the server were to not work as intended, how would you go about controlling the situation and fixing the problem?

arveii
Admin

5 posts
1 reputation

IGN: gamer_arveii_427
By arveii » 5 months ago
In what ways could you positively contribute to the community?: I feel like I can contribute to the community by hosting more games and spectating other ones. This can positively help the community because the server will become more recognisable within the reddit community and maybe even the entire PvP community. More games will overall give the server more exposure, meaning people will be more likely to revisit it if they had an enjoyable experience, and more spectators will make this enjoyable experience come to life (by keeping an eye out for any bugs or rule breakers).

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year on a UHC server as a staff member. How did you deal with it and what did you learn from it?: I previously false banned someone on a UHC server. The evidence I had against the person was not suffice for a ban. They were later unbanned from this server because of the error in my part. From this, I learnt to always record the games and to always make sure someone is cheating before banning them.

While hosting, if the server were to not work as intended, how would you go about controlling the situation and fixing the problem?: With this question, it depends on the situation. If the server started to either have lots of lag or even crash, I would inform people of this and try too calm people down (because no one enjoys it when they are playing on a laggy server). I would either tell them that the server will be less laggy soon, or if they are getting vulgar, I would mute them. If a scenario does not work as intended, I would inform the people that the scenario does not work, try to answer all questions that are asked on the matter and attempt to continue with the game. If it is a major scenario that will not work, I will cancel the game because the game will be a completely different experience (a major scenario such as skyhigh or flower power).

helrno im mister arveii

Zaiki
User

127 posts
6 reputation

IGN: Zaiki
By Zaiki » 5 months ago
Congratulations Arveii, you have been ACCEPTED to the staff team! Thanks for applying and have a good day.
Thread LOCKED.

Staff - Sr. Admin of the NightShade Network